Friday 15 August 2014

Romanticizing with the night



It’s way past midnight and I am sitting in front of a huge window. It smells like summer. Burned wood, earth, sweet honey suckle and ocean. It’s the beautiful summer scent of Karachi. The only music I am listening right now is of crickets and rustling leaves. The wind is whispering tales with a promise of autumn of soon. The only missing thing right now is my beloved stars. The sky is overcast and I can’t see even one twinkling and sparkling little star in the sky. 

The night is serene. It’s too beautiful and pure to be true. Maybe I am just dreaming. Or maybe it’s just how life is supposed to be. The time when you can’t even feel your bones and yet can appreciate such beautiful night is the most pleasing experience one can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment